10/5/10

New Faith, New Mercies, and rest!

21 But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:

22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; [2]
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”

25 The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
26 It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord. -Lamentations 3

Reading all of Lamentations is a good idea...but this particular passage yells volumes at me. I need to be yelled at. I am hard of hearing...and often my heart is harder than I like to let on.

In all of my frustrating trials lately I have not sought the Lord as I should have. Instead I rush from thing to event, from errand to chore. I wrestle with myself and my worries. I'm worse than a small child with a splinter they don't want their momma to touch.

I love the quiet moments in my soul. When I put it all in His hands and I just REST. There is nothing sweeter, or more comforting. I really need comforting right now...

0 ppl with something to say:

Blog Archive

Sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP