10/7/10

It's Habakkuk, with a K

When I get the chance, I think about the things I really want in my life and I realize that I truly want very little. The things I want are of high value and generally are hard to score, but they seem somewhat insignificant.

I have so much less in my life now than I ever have. My apartment is tiny, I have no significant other, I work a low-income job, and often times don't have money for anything extra...YET. YET, I find some sort of peace with it.

It freaks me out personally. Because I have such a princess complex. I believed for a long time that I was entitled to good things, and definitely acted in that manner. God totally took down my haughty spirit and showed me a way of humility (He still does because frankly I'm slow) that has me rejoicing in every trial as of late.

An opportunity to reflect back the glory of God simply because I have not...or maybe I have lots. lol

Referring to the Bible, there was a man named Habakkuk that had a lot of stuff going on in his country. He did without a lot of things too. God was certainly mad at Habakkuk's country when he wrote:

17 Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19 God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.
-Habakkuk 3:17-19

So life was pretty crappy for Habakkuk and his country. God still granted him the grace to rejoice.

How can God do any less for me?
I'm asking God not for any 'thing'. But Peace. Happiness. Love. And coffee....:)

0 ppl with something to say:

Blog Archive

Sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP