1/22/10

racecar knitting

I procrastinate horribly.
That said. I'm still working on my knitted gift that is due today! Yikes!

I'm so tempted to cut corners. It seems to easy in my mind to finish out this pattern the way I want! However, I know if I do that, it won't look like the picture...I really want it to look like the picture. :)

I realize that at times when I'm following knitting patterns that I often 'make up' my own stitches or patterns. I'll leave the set design and go my own way.
Some people applaud me and say that I make all my knitting my own.

When I really examine 'why' I do this...it's not very pretty. I'm a controlling person. Some girl who likes to have her way and enjoys life the most when things are going according to her design. However, sometimes the results of my decisions make my life look nothing like the picture God has designed for my life.

It's just knitting. It's just how I follow patterns. But I recognize these flaws in myself...just like I see the last eight stitches I made will have to be frogged. haha. I love how creating, designing and just enjoying crafts you can see 'God'.

What are you letting Him show ya?

Hugs and rainbows.

0 ppl with something to say:

Blog Archive

Sitemeter

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP